NORM4BUILDING TU1301 COST Action
Training school on measurement of NORM in Building Materials
The Norm4Building Cost Action is pleased to announce the 4th Norm4Building Training School. The Training School is organized by: Central Mining Institute (GIG) – Silesian Centre for Environmental Radioactivity, 40-166 Katowice Plac Gwarków 1, Poland.
The course is focused on measurement of Natural Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) used in building materials production and aims to:
- Introduce participants into various industrial processes producing NORM and the various uses of NORM in building materials industry. Following lectures, the participants will be introduced to the NORM peculiarities influencing the measurement process .
- Introduce participants in natural radioactivity and radionuclide metrology. Lectures will focus on gamma spectrometry for the determination of gamma emitting radionuclides enclosed in various building materials. The participants will be trained in a sample preparation and materials radiological characterization techniques .
- Introduce participants in legal aspects of NORM and building materials as well as the requirements of BSS Directive 59/2013.
TRAINING SCHOOL PROGRAM AND USEFUL INFORMATION:
Please find the program here.
The Training school is aimed towards Master students, PhD students, Early Career Investigators (up to 5 years after PhD is obtained), without excluding undergraduate students.
The number of COST action sponsored participants is limited to 6. Due to intensive use of gamma spectrometry laboratory the total number of participants is limited to 10
- A brief CV ( with the indication of the date of receipts of the PhD or other higher degrees)
- Motivation letter for participating in the Training School, which should indicate the academic/professional status of the applicant
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor or employer
If you are interested in participating, please send your application via e-mail to Diana Olislagers (email@example.com) with a copy to Boguslaw Michalik (firstname.lastname@example.org) and use the subject line: “Application COST Training School, Katowice 2017”
The sponsored participants would be reimbursed according the COST Action guidelines. The final grant amount for each participants will depend on participation level, on the country of origin, on budgetary considerations and will be confirmed in due course. Sponsored participants will be informed about the amount of grant prior to the Training School. The Grant is intended to cover most of the travel, accommodation and subsistence costs during the Training School and it will be made available to the participants after the Training School. Participants would have to take care of their travel and accommodation on their own.
The deadline for applications submission is June 1st, 2017. The notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent July 1st, 2017 at the latest.
CONTACT AND INFORMATION
Prof. Boguslaw Michalik
Place Gwarków 1
T +48 32 259 2380
Summer School hosted by: With support of: