FINAL Symposium COST NETWORK “NORM4Building” (Use of by-products in construction: dealing with natural radioactivity), Rome, Italy – From 06 June to 08 June 2017
June 6 @ 1:00 PM - June 8 @ 5:00 PM
FINAL Symposium COST NETWORK “NORM4Building”
This symposium is open for COST and non-COST participants
Dates: 06-08th of June 2017
REGISTRATION LINK FOR FINAL SYMPOSIUM:
Since January 2014 we have launched the European COST network ‘NORM4Building’ for the use of by-products, from industrial sectors that process naturally occurring radioactive materials (NORMs), in newly developed construction materials.
Our network that contains more than 120 experts from 30 European countries takes a holistic approach in developing new reuse pathways involving experts on different (technical, chemical, physical, ecological, economical, radiological,…) aspects of the materials. The COST Action also studies the impact of new European legislation such as the Euratom Basic Safety Standards on the newly developed reuse options.
- 13.00–16.30: Session 1 [Good practices in the reuse of NORM]
- 09.00-12.00: session 2 [New options for the reuse of NORM in construction]
- 13.00-15.00: session 3 [Measurement protocols for NORM and NORM containing construction materials]
- 15.00-16.30: [MC Meeting]
- 09.00-12.00: session 4 [Assessing the impact of the use of NORM in construction]
- 13.00-15.30: session 5 [Round table in 4 working groups]
- 16.00-17.00: session 6 [Concluding session]
CALL for abstracts in the topics of the different sessions, deadline: 31/03/2017
Abstracts can be selected for poster or presentations.
Template for abstract: Abstract template (COST_meeting-Rome_2017),
Submitting to email@example.com.
Full papers can be submitted for evaluation for a dedicated issue for CBM (Construction and building materials) using the requirements for authors of CBM (http://www.journals.elsevier.com/construction-and-building-materials/).
Deadline for submitting full paper: 26/06/2017, more information regarding the submitting process will follow.
=> List of HOTELS near the symposium !
partners to support the organisation: